- Description: Black and white flier to help promote a Graduate Leadership Conference.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): As I started this project I began with making four different sketches for a flier. I decided to incorporate elements from the four sketches. When I started to make it in InDesign I started by putting out the main image of woman. Then I put my body copy on there. I placed the logo as well and the title. After that I just arranged them in the places they looked the best. After I set everything I changed the fonts, and made things bold. Once everything was laid out I decided there was too much empty space so I thought of making the honeycomb design to add color and more elements to the flier. I decided I didn’t want them plain white so I adjusted the value on the hexagons that I made with the shape tool choosing the hexagon. I took it to get it critiqued by some fellow classmates and then I enhanced the image according to the comments from my classmates. In the end I have a flier that has good flow from top to bottom. The honeycomb design help lead into the next areas of the flier. They also help frame the title and the date/time/place. Another thing is that they are a great element that adds repetition to the flier. The gestalt in the image works great!
- Message: The message of the flier is that graduating students can receive valuable information on how to be better leaders. It’s to give them a little info on what they will be learning and to come to the Leadership Conference.
- Audience: My audience are senior students who are graduating, which can range between the ages of mid-twenties to late twenties.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned the importance of proximity, contrast, and gestalt.
- Title Font Name & Category: Avenir Next. It is a Sans Serif slab font.
- Copy Font Name & Category: Quattrocento Roman. It is an Oldstyle Serif font.
- Links to images used in this project: https://130.commbyui.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/JuliePeterson-Leadership-conference-business-rexburg-Idaho_7616-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg (Photo of Girl)