- Description: This is an Event Ad for a car show and charity event.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): First I found a picture in a car magazine, scanned it to be able to take on 300 ppi. I took the image and set it on the page then I placed text boxes and entered in all of my information. I made sure I lowered the transparency on the “fill” so that my text could be readable.
- Message: The message is to invite people to a car show that will donate all proceeds from admissions to the charity the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Audience: Audience ranged from families with kids, to young adults around 18-27 years old.
- Color scheme and color names: I used a monochromatic color scheme with blue.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned how to solve problems with body copy and title visibility. It can be solved by just adding transparent boxes, plus it adds another design element to it.
- Title Font Name & Category: Corbel, Sans Serif Slab font
- Copy Font Name & Category: Cambria Math, Serif Oldstyle font
- Scanned images used, sources, original sizes, location of scanner used:
Size of the original image was about 6 inches by 8 1/2 inches.Image was from Road & Track. The June 2016 edition. The page didn’t have a number but I’m assuming it was on page 53 because it was next to page 52.It had “Civic Touring Sedan shown. Copyright 2015 American Honda Motor Co., Inc.” at the bottom.
I used a scanner located in a lab in the McKay Library in BYU-Idaho.